Malvern - a Spectris company
Spectris develops and markets productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls. The company had sales of £1,106.2 million in 2011 and employs around 7,500 people worldwide. Spectris is listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol – SXS) and is a member of techMARK, the London Stock Exchange’s index for technology companies, and the FTSE4Good index of socially-responsible companies.
Spectris products help customers to improve product quality and performance, increase productivity and yield and reduce downtime and waste. Our instrumentation and electronic control businesses are all leaders in their specialised markets and can be found in most industries, with applications ranging from ultraviolet curing of printed CD coatings to sound level measurement and particle contamination detection.
Examples of typical benefits to the customer include:
- Semiconductor manufacturer saved $6m per month from contamination monitoring
- Automotive component processing cut from 3.5 hours to 6 minutes with UV curing
- Coating thickness reduced by 30%, and application costs by 20%, with particle measurement instrumentation
- Product variation of glass fibre reduced by 25% by infrared monitoring
- Use of ceramic-tipped coating blades led to substantial savings for pulp and paper manufacturer
- Vehicle noise testing times reduced by 75% with sound analysis equipment
Service and support
Our technology application teams work with customers to identify the challenges faced and develop solutions. We also offer customer-specific applications support and service, such as instrument calibration, from locations around the world.