Large volume manual wet dispersion accessory
The Hydro 2000MU is a large volume manual wet sample dispersion unit designed for use with standard laboratory beakers.
Designed to provide wet sample measurements for large sample volumes, the Hydro 2000MU provides:
- 600 - 1000ml sample volume using standard laboratory beakers.
- "Dip-in" sample recirculation head for easy sample access.
- Continuously variable pump and stirrer ensures bias-free sampling of dense materials.
- Continuously variable sonication probe to aid agglomerate dispersion.
- Manual keypad control of all measurement functions.
- Software driven SOPs with appropriate user prompts to assist with adherence to GLP and ensure reproducibility of measurements.
How it works
Wet sample dispersion units use a liquid dispersant, aqueous or solvent based, to disperse the sample. In a wet dispersion, individual particles are suspended in a liquid dispersant. The wetting of the particle surfaces by the dispersant molecules lowers their surface energy, reducing the forces of attraction between touching particles. This allows them to be separated and go into suspension. In order to keep the sample suspended and homogenized it is recirculated continuously through the measurement zone.
For dispersants with high surface tension, such as water, the addition of a small amount of surfactant can significantly improve the wetting behavior and subsequent particle dispersion.
In order to disperse individual particles it is usual to apply some energy to the sample. Often this is through stirring or agitation, but for very fine materials or strongly bound agglomerates ultrasonic irradiation is sometimes used.
- Sample volume:
- 600-1000 ml using standard laboratory beakers
- Particle size:
- Up to 2000µm – sample dependent.
- Dispersion mechanism:
- Centrifugal pump, stirrer and ultrasonic probe.
- Width: 320mm
Height: 335 - 490mm
- Power supply:
- 100-240V AC 50-60Hz
- Chemical compatibility:
- Viton® seals.