Liposome, micelles and surfactants
Characterization of the size, zeta potential and rheological properties of liposomes, micelles and surfactants
Liposomes and micelles are colloidal systems which are used in a wide range of industries including the pharmaceutical and consumer product sectors.
Malvern’s range of easy to use particle size, zeta potential and rheological instrumentation can be used in the study of liposomes, micelles and surfactants across a wide range of industries. These systems and our industry and application knowledge can be used to:
- Characterize the size and charge of liposomes and micelles
- Help predict the fate of the liposomes in vivo
- Monitor the association of charged liposomes with oppositely charged molecules
- Determine the critical micelle concentration of surfactants
- Understand the influence of pH and other dispersant conditions on micelle size
- Study the encapsulation of liquid-liquid systems
- Determine micelle aggregation number
- Study the influence of surfactant concentration and dispersant conditions on micelle size.